Monday, 11 April 2011

my first day..

well today was my first actual paid day of being an au pair! yay!
up at 7:30am and then just generally getting the kids ready for school.
when they were gone i did the housework, washing, cooking and looked after a sick child, sigh. :)
to all my followers, i can't go into great detail of my working day, just for pure privacy of the family and times i am home etc. so i will just talk in general from now on.
nothing drastic happened today though. had my first dinner with the kids, a bit hectic, trying to get them to eat and not talk or laugh at each other is tough, although they are pretty funny.
they are very good kids and they listen to me 95% of the time :)
they are also good helpers, which is convienient when i don't know where something is or if they are supposed to be showering in their mums shower or lying to me, so i ask the older ones and i believe them instead. turns out the ratbags weren't lying.
i am yet to see a chipmunk. but apparently they like to eat the bird seed from our bird feeder so i shall keep an eye out. & the only squirrals i have seen were dead in the middle of the road.
thats about it for today. have a good day australia!
x

2 comments:

  1. To say that I love your blogs is an understatement. Darling girl you are just awesome. Love reading of your exploits in USA. Ninja Jack is here with me and is going to help me establish my google a/c so that I can comment to my heart's desire. Love and miss you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gorgeous! Made an account in your honour to follow and stalk your American Adventures.
    Squirrels apparently carry rabies. Beware. Even when dead. They are NOT cute and DO NOT make good pets or amusing friends. Everything you ever saw about Chip'n'Dale..forget.
    I have heard that everything is upsized over there..and you have confirmed. Seems the old takeaway/eat out/get stuck in/can i have a heart attack with that is a permanent feature. Like the Grand Canyon.
    Glad the kids are fabulous and funny, that always helps! Just remember that kids ARE fabulous and funny and you'll be fine. And will see straight through any lies. I had a beauty. I told my kids (and my mum told me) that if you told a lie you would get a black spot on your tongue. So I would say "Stick out your tongue" and if they didn't..BINGO! I still do it..needless to say with less effect.
    Love your blog. Huge fan. Talk to you later. Love love xoxox

    ReplyDelete